Thursday, July 20, 2006

Ohhh vacation

It's 6:31am in Sofia, Bulgaria. My mother and I are packing up our bags and getting ready to head to the Central Bus Station. From here we will travel to Niche, Serbia. At 9pm we will leave Niche and head to Sarajevo, Bosnia. I am beyond excited to see this city recently ravaged by a war I know little about. A college friend who now lives in the city will pick us up at the bus station at 7am tomorrow, when we are scheduled to arrive. On Saturday we will head to Dubrovnik, Croatia and return to Sarajevo on Monday evening. Again, excited is not a strong enough word to express my feelings about seeing this city rich with history and culture. I hope to visit some of the islands there, and enjoy the beauty of the Adriatic Sea.

Pictures to follow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Maegen! It is great that you have the opportunity to visit those places - "rich with history and culture" - as you have wrote; to sense their atmosphere, and go sightseeing. I can only say "Enjoy"!
I'll be waiting to see your pictures.