Friday, September 15, 2006

School and Hallmark Movies

The new school year began today. It began with all of the "normal" celebrations. All the students lined up in their classes, arranged by age. At the end, the twelfth graders walked in the building hand-in-hand with the first graders. It was sweet. Some how, I felt a bit of sadness at the thought of this year... my last everything in Bulgaria, with these kids.

The start of a new year, but I really don't feel like analyzing my life and preparing emotionally for this year.

I hate how "Hallmark" movies set up two situations, and the protagonist in one situation learns from the lessons of the other protagonist's crisis of years gone by. Or how two characters, with some strong bond- father/son, sisters, mother/daughter, etc -deal with their own independent issues and somehow, through their own failings help eachother to heal. It's so unrealistic. But then, I guess we're not supposed to really believe in the movies.

No comments: