Saturday, October 22, 2005

Quiet Saturday

Ah Saturdays.  I love them.  I am for once excited for a relatively quiet weekend.  I’ve decided that only very important events will require me to spend the night any where other than my own flat through these winter months.  Last weekend I spent one night away and it took several days to reheat my flat.  This huge metal rectangle that know lives in my living room sucks up so much electricity that I should only run it at night, when it is cheaper.  The next day it “radiates” the heat all day.  It’s working alright.  Of course, winter hasn’t fully hit yet.  Well, yes, there is frost every morning.  And yes, we have had snow already.  Of course, the mountains that bind me in are all capped in white.  But, like the babi love to remind me, winter brings snow up to here and it gets to negative 20 (that’s usually somewhere around there knees, and C).  

My quiet weekend needs my attention.  Two other PCVs will stay with me tonight, and we will visit a PCV in a nearby town.  Tomorrow, I will go to the village of one of my students.  She has invited the class to her village for food and I don’t know what all.  I’m just so excited that they asked, and were excited when I said I’d come!  

Sorry for a random blog…  Have a great whatever!

No comments: