Wednesday, February 01, 2006

blablafunnystoryblabla

I don't know exactly what I've been doing. There have been no fruits of my labors. But some how I've been busy lately. I was in Etropole over the weekend to celebrate the Chinese New Year at Lucia's place. Which rocked! Lucia made sure that I drank my coke like Andy prepared my coffee the weekend before. We laughed for HOURS at stupid downloads Chris had! Chris, who happens to be a Humbolt State University graduate, like my father. What a crazy small world. We talked about Northern California. You know, for such a popular state, my part of California is SO unknown. I mean. Have YOU ever seen the redwoods?

Okay, so then I'm back to this week. It's the end of the semester and school has become a lutnitsa (crazy house). Speaking of crazy. Remember my friend Bob or Tom or what ever I called the kid who blew water threw his nose and threatened to ggrrrrrr me? Well, we had another fun class today. When I walked in, I noticed that one of my girls had her arm all wrapped up in gauze. She said she'd burnt it. When I asked how, she said with water. So I write the word "scald" on the board. She scalded her hand. My friend Jimmy says, "I will scald you" and he goes on to describe what he will do with my flesh. I just want to pause the story and say, this is not a small guy. He's really quite big. I mean, tall and big. And his voice is VERY strong. This dude can't whisper. When he talks, he shouts. Okay, resuming story. I move on. The only time he is not speaking is when I am. He starts asking about my sister. "Can I [silence] your sister?" "What is your sister like, she is 16, na li? [right?]" "I want to [silence] your sister." Now, I'm not sure if the silence was because he forgot the word "meet" or if he wanted to use an innappropriate word. Let's assume the best.

So, I ignore Frank because if I stop and wait for him to be quiet he gets quiet. Then when I talk he talks. What ever. I always pray that if I ingore him long enough he'll get board of talking to himself and hearing his classmates shout at him. Well, he gets up and announces he will use the toilet. "Okay, bye" I say. So he stands in the doorway, seeing that I have no objections to his flight. I pretend he doesn't exist and he announces, "Your children and my children will be first cousins." And with that he exits the room. As soon as he's gone his words click into my consciousness. I say to the class, "Did he just tell me he's gonna have babies with my sister?!" The class laughs and confirms my fears. Danny has crossed the line. I look back out at my class and say, "There's no way in hell."

Some random announcements... I'm going skiing again this weekend. Having some company over. Going to try making BBQ in my crockpot. I've made a very crude BBQ sauce before, albeit accidentally (I was trying to make spaghetti sauce and was very short on ingredients). Next week we have Monday and Tuesday off from school. Tuesday through Friday I will be out of town. Actually, I will be in Stara Zagora for a project workshop. I'm really excited about this because my school has no kind of English Language room. Well, no kind of language room at all. Even though we have this "great" English department. So, I'll start learning about how to writeprojects and stuff. Sweet. Part of my goal in PC was to get some experience in this sort of thing, for all the times I've toyed with working in the non-profit sector... gotta know how to get the fundage you know? So, the deallio gets done after lunch on Friday, but I won't be able to make my connecting bus in Plovdiv, so PC will pay for me and my director to spend an extra night in Stara Zagora. I'm not sure if I'm excited about this or not. But I am certainly looking forward to more PCV time, and some learning about useful stuff!!

And that's all I have time for today kiddos. I'll leave you with some Jennifer Knapp lyrics. For anyone who doesn't know. She is THE BEST!!!! Ladies and gentlemen, the lyrics to "Undo Me"

Papa, I think I messed up again
Was it something I did?
Was it something I said?
I don't mean to do you wrong
It's just the way of human nature!

Sister, I know I let you down
I can tell by the fact
You never come around
You don't have to say a thing
I can tell by your eyes
Exactly what you mean

That it's time
To get down on my knees and pray
"Lord, undo me!"
Put away my flesh and bone
'Til You own this spirit through me Lord,
Undo me.

Mama, I know I made you cry
But I never meant to hurt you
I never meant to lie
While the world shook its head in shame
I let you take the blame

Brother, I know you labored
So hard to please
But I cut you down
And I left you on your knees
Well I know it must be

Time to get down on my knees and pray
"Lord, undo me!"
Put away my flesh and bone'
Til You own this spirit through me Lord

I am wanting, needing, guilty and greedy
Unrighteous, unholy; undo me. Undo me!

Abba Father You must wonder why
More times than Peter I have denied.
Three nails and a cross to prove
I owe my life eternally to you!

And it's time
To get down on my knees and pray
"Lord, undo me!"
Put away my flesh and bone
'Til You own this spirit through me Lord,
Undo me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like Danny, Frank, Jimmy, Tom or whatever his name is understands English very well. I believe he could understand the genealogical terms, first cousin, second cousin, and first cousin twice removed better than many even if English is their first language!!!

As far as the baby thing, I don’t think so…. I’m with you. Not over my, ah… not over my grrrrrraaaarrrghhhhed up body!!!!!!

I think that Jennifer Knapp is one of the best singer/songwriters around. I am really enjoying her “live” CD that was released last week. Did I tell you I bought that?? Would you like the “live” CD to add to your collection????

I love ya!!
Your mother

Anonymous said...

A COMMENT FOR MAEGEN...

i can't wait to hear my CD with some fun Maegen inspired music!!! yippie:) enjoy your skiing/company/BBQ. sounds fun. too bad i live ridiculously far awar. ohhh well. such is life. AND

I too will be spending that Friday night in Stara Zagora, cause there is no way I will make it back to Varna then to Tervel that afternoon. so we will for sure hang out. so, get excited about that, yo.

*Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sweetie....just got finished reading everything back til when you were sick...I know exactly how you feel when sick and no one you really know is around....a month or 2 after I moved to WA I got the flu..I called Aunt SJ; she made me go to ER & had already called there when I checked in!!...such a sweet big sis she is....but, I felt so isolated and alone. Congrats on your skiing..I've thot that could be fun, but never tried it..in re: to books.cd's etc, what titles or ?? wouldn't want to send a duplicate or disliked selection...gotta get to bed (you will be getting up soon!!) LOVE U!! Aunt Nanne