Monday, February 13, 2006

relationships and a good guy (not together, sadly those are two separate topics)

The evolution and chemistry of human relationships are strange topics. I recently attended a centralized training event at which I saw many people I hadn't seen since Novemer. All of my friendships here are unique and dynamic. They all have history and inside jokes. They are made from things which have made us stronger, either individually or together or both. There are a couple of particulartly strange friendships however. It's not a secret that I worry a lot. I'm worrying about a couple of my friends. One has always been quite mysterious. He/She has alluded to life and problems and let me in only a couple of times, but in general is very alloof. So I worry about what he/she is going through. I reckon that I should trust that by showing myself open and sympathetic he/she will come to me whe he/she needs to.

There's another friend I am worried about. I use this word "friend" loosely because while we hang out frequently and generally have fun together, he/she has never been very open or vulnerable to me, and the one time I was with him/her, it backfired on me. This person is important to me despite the fact that I don't think he/she's ever really been very real with me. I have a sneaking suspision that he/she has been worrying about something lately and was actively avoiding me this past week (when we were in the same hotel) on account of that worry. Now, It's possible he/she was avoiding people in general.

I don't really know why I'm writing this. Maybe I want my family to know that I'm finally having the high school experience of relationship dramas. Maybe I want these people to know they can come to me. Maybe I want all my dear readers to know that it's always better to communicate.

OTHER STUFF...
Thanks to the good people at Google, my great friends who work in offices and can't just download google all over the place are now chatting with greater ease from their web based gmail account! So I chatted for a while with a friend from high school. I was really near tears. He tells me he's doing well, although he's in the midst of a little drama. A girl he likes, a girl he doesn't so much like. What to do. Do I tell the girl I don't like? I give him my two cents, of course. But I also let him know how much it means to me to hear a guy seriously consider this issues. How to break news to a girl, or whether to break any news. A guy who really is concerned about doing the right thing for the women in his life. And the best part?! This isn't just some churchy line he's spilling for me because he thinks I'll dig it and then dig him, I'm just a by stander. Well, not that either of these two girls are reading my blog, and even if they were they wouldn't know I was talking about them, but I would just like to say to them, you are lucky girls to have such a good guy looking out for you.

My mom is increasingly sick of living stateside. Mommy, I don't think you'd handle Bulgarish life too well after a few years either. Altough it is much easier to stay blissfully ignorant here, given the whole language barrier thing.

I hear our CD's wife is keeping up the the blogches. Teehee. I think that's fantastic. Holla atcha! I wonder which of the Sofia ISPs you belong to. You should start leaving some comments, you could keep it annonymous. ; )

Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. I reckon I'll wear my Valentine's day undies and that'll be the extent of my celebration. I guess it's also some kind of wine celebration... let's see if I can get myself invited to something!

I'm going to do some planning and what not. I'm SO tired!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Valentine's day?! Pah! Just do your thing on the National Day of Remembrance of Internment camps on the 19th.

Ugh. Valentine's Day. UGH.