Sunday, February 26, 2006

tortured tangled hearts

I've been reading Cold Mountain which is a terribly tragic story. I just finished the part where Ada's father tells Ada how he met her mother. He tells her a story of jilted love, bitterness, a life spent, and then a second life. He tells the story of a love that was worth waiting for, fighting for, and dying for. It was a sad story.

I watched Walk the Line today, the new Johnny Cash film. Another love story, yet this time not so tragic. There is a piece of me that longs for tragic romance. Perhaps it's the drama queen in me. I want that love that is proven and purified like silver in the white hot fire. Something that's been made stronger through trials and tough times. Now, I'm no angel. I'm no June Carter. I don't want no crack heads. I'd prefer not to have to see you through detox. But there is something so beautiful about a love that's been tempered like that.

I figured out how to play this movie which took several strokes of genious or good luck, one. I thought I was doing pretty well for myself. Then my dad tried to hook me up with a few clips of my puppy playing around. Well, that's when my codecs luck ran out on me! Poor meggy has clips of her puppy and can't watch'em. The camera my folks use apperently uses a codec that they've written just for that camera, or that brand. So unless my parents can figure out how to change it, or I can get the software to work on my computer, I'm out of luck. I JUST WANNA SEE MY PUPPY!!! not fair! A girl caint win fer losin!

No comments: