Saturday, February 25, 2006

bored on a saturday night

I, like usual, am spending my weekend on my lazy bum watching TV and reading. MTV is playing POD's new song. It makes me miss church. That, and chatting with a friend from home with whom I've been out of touch for several years compound my normal "missing home" feelings. I tried cooking something to make myself feel better. It worked and it didn't work. I tried my hand at barbecue sauce. Here were the ingredients: tomato puree, brown sugar, apple vinegar, beer, salt, pepper, onions, garlic, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, and some chunks of chicken breasts. Oh and just for kicks, I threw in some dried chili seeds. I let it brew all night in the crock pot. When I woke up at six am I unplugged it. Oh yes. I woke up at six am. I was not pleased. I took my three ibuprofen, made some tea, and sat on my winter bed and wished I could be watching the Today Show rather than some silly program on Animal Planet. I was also wishing I could be cuddling my puppy or having my mom rub my back. I was wishing I could send my mom to WalMart for some of those hot packs that you put on your back or on your front. I loved those things... I'm one of those that find heat therapeutic, so they were very nice.

Um, so Friday is the day Bulgarians celebrate freedom from 500 years of the Turkish yoke (oppression). I'll be celebrating a day off of the teacher's yoke! A couple of other volunteers will be crashing here and doing some skiing in Bansko. I was talking with Lucia last night and how we both wanted to do some discoing. So I've convinced her to come down here this weekend and disco with me! Chrissy and Joe were kind enough to insist I wouldn't be a fifth wheel on their evening adventures in Bansko and with Lucia along, they won't feel like they have to include me or whatever. Okay, I have no concerns for them, I just wanted Lucia down here. and any other bootie shakers who want to spend the long weekend in Bansko and Razlog. Maybe we can get the illusive miss Clark, aka, american chalga princess! I'm waiting for her to get me a banski connection. I don't mean swimsuit kiddos.

I love my stat counter, but I have to say, too many of you darlings simply skip past my blog without leaving your two cents. Now, this is a tragedy for many reasons. First, I don't get to meet you! Second, you are denying a terrific conversation the chance to be born. Third, by putting your online self out here you can maximize the hittage on your blog (as long as there's a link through your profile or somewhere). I know you're out there! Some of you are friends or family of other volunteers (or are volunteers). Some of you are fellow Middle Tennesseans. I'm pretty sure one of you was a college roommie of mine! Come on guys! Can't you see I'm lonely?! Leave me some comments! Don't let me wallow in this isolation!

Okay, enough useless rambling. have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a few who check your site a few times a day. The reason why??? We miss you as much or more than you miss us.
So keep on posting please. We are interested in anything you might have to say.

Love ya
Your mother!!! :)

Anonymous said...

HELL YEAH BANSKO! We are gonna rip that up.