Sunday, March 26, 2006

5 days and counting

Spring break commences after five school days! HOLLAAAAAHHH!

There is warmth in Bulgaria! While people in Razlog were able to remove their hats and scarves for a few hours today, people in the rest of the country wore open toed shoes and only one layer of clothing, and generally lighter than a sweater, at that!

I kept hearing spring had begun, but refused to believe it until this weekend. There are cherry trees in bloom! And the bus from Blagoevgrad reeked of BO.

I would rather work on SPA then go to school this week. Is that any indication of how little I want to teach? I'm believing this is just a phase and that something will change. Or that the chaos of spring and all the holidays and excursions will transform my distaste into vague and manageable apathy. Either way, we'll geterdone!

Petrich, while not the friendliest town I've ever been in, is LOADS warmer than Razlog, and has better cooking. By that I don't mean Bulgo-food (because I live a block from crazy good Bulgo-food. I mean Chrissy, who makes some killer tasty hotcakes and has real maple syrup to accompany them.

No comments: