Wednesday, March 08, 2006

back in the saddle

So, tomorrow I have full intentions of jumping back on the horse we call teaching. I only have two classes in the morning, then two SIPs after lunch. These classes are the rare moments I don't have to worry about discipline, so I'm sure I'll be fine. Then, in the evening, a bit of something new: my sitemate's CP has asked me to take one of her private adult classes. Not the best week for it, but it's cool, I'll manage.

Highlight of the week: Today is Women's Day. I guess this is international, but I'd never heard of it before. It's typical here for women to receive flowers and candies. Since I was sick today, I'd resigned myself to being flowerless ("I try not to get attached to things that won't last." is that how it goes Lucia? "you gonna get shanked!"). Well, low and behold, I'm awakened from my nap around 11am by a knock on the door. In my hallway, down the stairs, and peeking around the corner, I find my ocmi a-ers. God love 'em. These kids make me want to ripe out my eyeballs some days, but they can be the most thoughtful bunch of bulgobrats I've ever come across. They brought me a card with a lovely note, and a huge box of chocolate covered cherries. Now, I've never been a big fan of these little morsels, but here you always get a little bit of liqueur, so they're not too bad. Anyway, that made me feel better. And that I've not had a fever since last night. I don't feel miserable, just sick. This is what, the forth time I've been sick? May, September, November, I think once already this year, but I'm not sure, and now, March. gaaaahhh! The world is out to get me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!!!!! I am glad that you didn't miss out totally on the holiday.
Now-Gettie up, go!

love ya, mom

Anonymous said...

OH, Maegen...If we only had good men to buy us flowers, chocolates, and write sweet little messages. Until then, there's always Wentworth.