Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Wow, what a day!

Tuesdays are normally the days I want to crawl back into bed and pretend don't exist. I generally have 5 classes. Two are with my 8a class, which is becoming increasingly difficult and unpleasant. I also have a class with 8b, 11b, and 10b. These are class groups that I see only once a week, making it a difficult experience for all of us. First period I have 11b. This is a dreadful class for me because these guys never want to do ANYTHING! But today, I seriously planned two lessons for them. I did this for two reasons, first, I wasn't sure if they'd already done one of them before, and second, I thought it would be more fun if they got to pick their lesson. Some of the students in this class were at the exchange with me, AND, some of the talker-boys were not at school today (boooo sad).

Class went really well today. For one reason, several of them are now interested me as a breathing person and not some strange thing that gets up and tries to interact with them. Another reason I was pleased is because the lesson seemed to go well, except for the one kid (who will be receiving a big fat dvoika) who slept the whole period. The book had a discussion exercise on birth order related questions. So I split them up into groups based on oldest or youngest (not one of them was an only child or had more than one sibling) and had them answer the questions. They hate speaking in front of the whole class, so fine, I'll work with that. They had to answer the questions, but I had to see each answer in a different handwriting. Not fool-proof I know, but I was their supervising. The point was to get them all working and it worked! I walked around and talked with them. I was in such a good mood when I left that class. I think that's only happened once before, but that's a different story... yeah! Score one for me!

Um, my 10b class was taken over by their class teacher so they could rehearse for the May 5th celebration. So I got to chat with some of those kiddos, and didn't have to try to teach them at all. One of my kids from the exchange said, "When are we going to hang out again? I miss those times." AHHHHhhhh, how sweet. I told him whenever he invites me, we can go chill.

The other classes where controlled chaos at best. But whatevs. You win some you lose some right?

On the down side, my sinuses are going berserk-o! I've been having those crazy hacking fits. Not cool!

More on the up side: **I may be helping with a summer camp here in the logche-- PCVs, please keep your eyes/ears out for this. I may be recruiting help!! ** It's crazy warm here and I'm a bit sad I don't have anyone with whom to go sit outside and have a cool drinkche. ** Three more school days till spring break! and I don't have any classes scheduled tomorrow, but it may get reworked, since a couple teachers are gone. NO BIG--- SPRING BREAK!!

That's it for now. oh, one more thing... it's almost tsatsa time! yeah! anyone else LOVE those things? Sitting at the pond eating tsatsa? ahhh summer, I can almost taste you!

No comments: