Tuesday, March 07, 2006

BOOO WAAAA SOBSOBSOB PAIN FEEL SORRY FOR ME...

Oh, I'm sorry about that title, I'm just subconsciously trying to feel better about myself by having you, dear reader feel sorry for me. So, let me list the reasons why: I ran a fever all night last night of 101. This afternoon it got up to 102.6. Sweet. I've got the whole coughy-runny nose-sinus pressure thing again. But with a fever? Uck, I can't remember the last time I had a fever. It's not fun. I'm not good at being sick. When I was at the peak of today's misery (at the 102.6 time), I took a couple ibuprofen, sudafed, and went down to see my baba. I don't go down there a lot because I hate to impose on people. But I wanted some good tea, something better than this bouquet crap that I have. So dyado pesho made me fresh tea from some kinda stuff they picked, put some other stuff in it (lysomething), and then something else. It was very tasty.

So, like I mentioned, I'm taking sudafed. So far, I'm doing alright with that. I really hate taking sinus meds. Being at home, it's not a problem, since there's nothing else I really should be doing or concentrating on. But if I take sudafed and try to focus on anything, I'm a wreck.

Other news? Tomorrow is the women's day. If I were to go to school, I would receive flowers from my kids. But I'm pretty sure I'm not going. I went today for 3 periods. I was reprimanded by several teachers for being there. When I went in her office to ask if I could go home, my director scolded me for coming today and told me to stay home tomorrow. I told her I'll see how I feel. She gave me the "ti iskash shamare" hand gesture (why is it that when I get sick people think threatening me or telling me not to cough will make me better??) and told me I wasn't coming tomorrow. So, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to school tomorrow.

Alright, I'm going to try to go to sleep. I kind of want to turn on the TV, but I gave that up for Lent, and even though I'm sick and have nothing to do and don't have the energy to read or the strength to hold up a book, I'll stick to my commitments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Maegen! Watch some Prison Break and scream "I am Joan of Arcadia!"

Anonymous said...

Is it true that Joan of Arc was married to Noah?? I really did hear that one time!!

I am actually trying to get you to laugh!!! go ahead, "you open that mouth and rear that head back and exploded that wheeze". Come 'awn, Sister

Love ya,
Wheezy, aka Mom

P.S. I hope you feel better soon and that you can get use to the climate there. Miss ya-Love ya!!!

Maegen said...

ahhhaahhaa!

I didn't get it at first, I'm running a bit slowly today.

You should hear my wheeze with this cough! ugh