Saturday, December 03, 2005

The next generation of smell-o-vision...

I'm recommending we scrap the work the good folks at MIT and other fabulously ingenuitive institutions are doing with the creation of smell-o-vision. I mean, TV is a dying breed. It's all about the internet. We'll soon be watching our favorite programs on streaming video whenever we want with nice banner adds running the WHOLE time rather than just during the breaks anyway!

You may ask, "But megi, why would you be thinking of such random things?" That's a completely understandable question.

I was in the shower just now (yes, at 6pm) beating myself up for being completely useless for the last two days, and the four days before that are questionable. So I picked up the scrubbing brush on the floor and started to scrub the sliminess off my bathroom tiles.

"megi, this has nothing to do with smell-I-net."
spoko be, I'm getting there!

I picked up my towel and realized that I got a load of clothes washed and hung out to dry yesterday, and my towels were dry this afternoon (ahha, a perfectly reasonable excuse for not showering in way too long). So check off two events, scrubbing my floor and doing laundry.

So, the web-o-smells part...

I wish I could capture the smells of this place and send it home to my family and friends. There is nothing like the fresh scent of wood smoke, especially as you towel dry your hair with it. There are other smells, like my first ever pumpkin pie (for reasons which shall remain unmentioned, I did not even try), like a fabulously and creatively repaired green bean casserole in a land bez fried onions and cream of mushroom soup (props to stiles and her mommo for that!).

And of course, how excellent would it be if I could receive smells? I know this may sound weird, but I'd love a whiff of my dog after a good bath with her oatmeal shampoo (she's got sensitive skin, okay?). I would kill to smell that funky perfume my mom has loved all these years. I almost miss the smell of my mildew-rotted bedroom walls. And what about my mother's BEST EVER DINNER!!! Pot roast with potatoes and carrots and onions... The smell of chocolate pudding cake cooking in the oven. Ah, super (said with a distinctly BG accent - like soo pair)

Here's to smells! Good, bad, and indifferent. Treasure them, you never know when you'll wish you can smell them again. That is, until they come introduce smell-line.

No comments: