Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Winter Solstice

So, I was informed that today is Winter solstice. Well, on this shortest day of the year I will place a special significance. When the sun sets tonight I will go to a Winter Ball. I will dance, eat, drink, and I may even shake my bump in some kuchek fashion with colleagues and students. I will forget my bitterness, anger, and pain. When the sun sets tonight I will pledge to let every day bring more light and more life. When the sun rises tomorrow I will begin the process of rebirthing, regrowing, and renewing the pieces of me that I have lost through the dying away of fall and winter.

It's time to begin the thaw. It's time to warm my spirit. It's time to forgive the cold dying winter and move toward the light of spring.

This has been a tough year. I am making the decision to start this next phase fresh.

Happy shortest day of the year!! Can you find some thing to let go of and begin the draw toward the light?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Anger and bitterness make us age faster and wear us out.
I'm sure there's more I still need to get rid of and I shall think on it today. I knew these solstice celebrations were good for something:-) And you have spoken so appropriately; let's thaw and move on - life is soo...o short!
Love you, sweet one!!