Tuesday, January 10, 2006

been better

Well friends, it's official, I don't understand ANYTHING! I stayed home from school today, mostly because when I woke up (after 7 hours of waking up to cough up my lungs) I felt worse than ever. So I sent a text message to my counterpart. She told me it's cool if I stay home. So I stayed in bed most of the day. Around 10:30, my baba came banging on my door. She scolded me not so gently for not telling her I am sick. Another teacher sent some home-made pine honey (my favorite, btw) and a few leaves of "five fingers" to be boiled as tea. This has a 100% guarantee of clearing my sinuses. Well, it was tasty, but it didn't really help. Anyway, baba delivered the goodies, which had been sent home by the coolest PE teacher-lady EVER via my 11th grader neighbor boy. Baba was not happy that I had not told her than I was sick. She reminded me that she doesn't want to bother me, and that's why she doesn't come check on me more often. Why hadn't I come down and had her make me some tea? Why am I dressed so lightly? Do I need anything from the store? A few hours later she brought me a plate of boiled potatoes. My counterpart came over for a few minutes after school. She told me to stay home tomorrow if I need to, and that the nurse can listen to my cough. After hearing my cough, she insisted that I let the nurse listen to it.

My internet was down for most of the day. I finally got around to reading my emails around 5ish. I emailed the PC medical staff, just to complain. Can I just say that while many people have reason to complain about PC staff, I DO NOT!! Except for the one time Toni wanted me to wear a face mask because I was contagious... Andrea called me a bit ago in response to my email. She told me to go have the nurse listen to my chest and check me out, and click the PCMO phone so Robert (one of our BG PC Dr's) can talk to her. No, we didn't get anything accomplished, and I don't really feel any less sick, but it's nice to know that I've got someone who knows I'm sick and will check back in on me AND speaks English. I love Andrea.

Um, so, I put that DCB Banner in my footer because I think it looks cool. I know, it's a myspace thing. Go listen to 'em. I think they're pretty cool.

In other news? Today is the start of Bairam, one of the Muslim holidays. My host dad called me and I was all... uhhhh errmmm hhuhhh? So I'll probably call them back later. I was way out of it.

Anything else? Yeah, last night I read these verses from Matthew 5: 21-24
"You have heard that it was said to an older generation, 'Do not murder,' and
'whoever murders will be subjected to judgment.' But I say to you that anyone
who is angry with a brother will be subjected to judgment. And whoever insults a
brother will be brought before the council, and whoever says 'Fool' will be sent
to fiery hell. So then, if you bring your gift to the altar and there remember
that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of
the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother and then come and present
your gift."
It really hit me, and I did something about it. I think I feel better about that nasty situation.

Hopefully, the nasty situation in my lungs will feel better soon. My stomach is telling me I'm hungry, so I reckon I'll make some soup. Thank GOD for instant soup! Oh, my ear hurts... mommy? Oh, mom, did I ever tell you that that verse freaked me out? aigh (lucia, that's the aieee/haidee sound) I'm spent.

No comments: